Diversified Digest: April 17
April 17th, 2017 | posted in: Insights
by: R. Samuel Fraundorf
Diversified Trust’s investment team brings you headlines of note for the week. Click on the links to access the articles.
- The French are complicated and so is their upcoming presidential election. French bonds have been sending different signals as the popular polling continues.
- Things move in cycles, and the recent wave to indexes has been a great benefit to one firm, Vanguard, who outpaced all other mutual fund companies, combined, over the last few years, due in large part to a stellar run of passive results over active.
- While there continues to be concerns about valuations, we think it is important to keep focus on the long-term and not worry about trying to time a market. Long-run exposure to the equity risk premium is necessary to accumulate and grow wealth ahead of the rate of inflation.
- Recently, there seems to be more talk about the Fed’s balance sheet and what they are going to do than about the anticipated next two rate hikes being penciled in for 2017.
- We continue to see increased financing and rig drilling in US energy. While not directly linked to current political risks, such as Syria, Iranian elections or the Korean peninsula, increased oil prices are certainly a possibility.